News from Druk Gawa Khilwa (56)
News from Druk Gawa Khilwa
We all went for an Eco Pad Yatra from Mumbai to Bhopal. All the nuns came together for the Yatra from Ladakh and Nepal Nunneries, there were about 350 nuns on the pilgrimage. The first spot was Mumbai, the place where we started the Pad Yatra was the India Gate. There was an opening ceremony, the first holy place we visited was the Elephanta Caves; to reach there we had to go by boat across the ocean. The scene from the boat was wonderful.
We have just updated our fourth coming events. Go to forthcoming events to see the information.
To download the program click the image below.
Today is the last day of the special retreat. This retreat was sponsored by Drukpa Vietnam. There were about 100 participants from Vietnam and there were some other international participants who also joined the retreat.
The nuns did a whole night preparation and now it’s the time for the grand birthday celebrations of our beloved Guru and H.E. Thuksey Rinpoche. The preparation for the birthday was done very nicely. Everything was looking just amazing the cakes the decorations and each and every single little thing.
Here I'm sharing some Inspiring Buddha Quotes
1. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
2. Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.
3. Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.
4. However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?
5. A family is a place where minds come in contact with one another. If these minds love one another, the home will be as beautiful as a flower garden. But if these minds get out of harmony with one another it is like a storm that plays havoc with the garden.
You all must have seen the statue area in our nunnery. There are two statues of Buddha Amitabha and Kunkyen Pema Karpo, the 4th Gyalwang Drukpa. Work has begun to install more statutes around the central statues. Now, two of the 16 new statues have been installed and are undergoing gold plating and finally, painted. I have uploaded some photos of the statues in various phases of being worked on by the statue specialists from Patan here in Kathmandu.